Fleet Feet Sports understands that feet are like snowflakes, no two are alike. That is why we pride ourselves on providing customized individual service to each of our customers. We will take you through a Fit Process that includes a total foot evaluation of your foot history and past injuries. We take seated and standing measurements to evaluate joint flexibility while paying special attention to your foot shape, as these are the most important factors in choosing the right shoe for you. Our goal is to find you the proper fit and support for your lifestyle or activity. Using this information, we utilize our training and experience to make individual footwear recommendations.
Plan to spend some time working with our staff to identify the right solution for you. We take as much time as necessary to insure your feet are properly fit.
Because we offer individual service we appreciate your patience.
Our footwear is carefully chosen on merits of Fit, Function, and Value. We spend a lot of time evaluating all of the models available before we put them on our wall. Our customers are very particular. We offer models from….
We also offer supportive sandals from
Fleet Feet Sports merges Performance and Fashion with our apparel line. Our Fitlosophy extends beyond footwear; we want to help you find the perfect apparel that suits you in comfort and function. We offer a wide variety of technical apparel for running, walking, yoga, active lifestyle, and general fitness. The brands we carry inlcude:
SUPERFEET PREMIUM INSOLES
We are proud to offer Superfeet Insoles. We believe that Superfeet Insoles are the best way to support & align our feet. Support the foot – align the body.
Not everyone has the same feet nor do they wear the same shoes. Therefore, Superfeet make different insoles to fit different feet & footwear. After over 40 years & 35 patents later, Superfeet developed insoles to benefit all walks of life.
Fleet Feet offers the Easy to fit insoles that are ¾” to fit most dress shoes. We also carry the Green, Blue, Orange & Berry insoles. These are typically used in running shoes, tennis shoes, boots & other shoes that have more volume and a removable insole. The insoles have Agion antimicrobial top cover treatment to reduce the chance of bacteria and it helps to prevent foot odor.
Click below to find out how Superfeet can help you with back and leg ailments
http://www.superfeet.com/foot-health/. It can also make your run or walk more efficient and less tiresome. See how -http://www.superfeet.com/activity/running-walking.aspx.
Come by any three of our locations to find out which insole will be the best choice for you and your needs.
The right sock is just as important as the right shoe. But what type of sock do you prefer? Do you like tight or thin, or thick and cushy? What about synthetic or natural? Tall or no-show? Like feet and shoes, socks come in all different shapes, colors, and sizes. So how will you know what's best for you? Try them on!
Choosing a sock that works for your feet and your activity level is a critical component of Fleet Feet Sports’ FITLOSOPHY. Consider the fact that your sock is the layer of material that sits directly next to your skin and is intended to wick moisture and protect your feet from calluses, blisters and other potential irritations. So, why not pick a pair of socks that fits your foot best? At Fleet Feet Sports we recommend that you wear non-cotton, breathable socks for running, walking or other activities. Important characteristics to consider about the FIT and FEEL of a sock include:
2. Fibers & Materials
3. Ergonomic Fit
4. Heel Pocket
5. Needle Count
6. Engineered Cushioning
Here are some of the top reasons why we make this recommendation:
- At rest, the average foot releases 1 cup of sweat each day.
- On a 5 mile run, your feet produce enough sweat to fill an 8 ounce glass.
- 55% of foot perspiration evaporates through the shoes upper. The other 45% is absorbed in the sock and footbed of your shoe!
- Two trillion bacteria live on your feet (that’s 12% of all bacteria on the human body).
Balega is a joint American/South African company with a focus on the running. All Balega socks are designed, tested and manufactured at a state-of-the-art facility in Cape Town, South Africa and distributed in out of a facility in Hickory, NC.
With a development team comprised of runners and athletes passionate about their lifestyle, Balega is committed to designing product of the highest quality and greatest comfort to withstand whatever your training dishes out. The difference is in the details.
- Hand linked seamless toe eliminates friction and abrasion
- Extra deep heel pocket ensures sock doesn’t slide down during activity
- Drynamix shifts moisture away from skin to ensure ultimate comfort
Feetures! is committed to supporting runners pursuing a healthy and active lifestyle. Created for runners by runners, Feetures! socks are designed to offer the superior fit, feel and durability that will keep you running.
- Perfect Toe seam-free toe closure for all day comfort
- Premium fibers, iWick and Merino+, for superior performance and durability
- Power Arch (patent pending) enhances fit and supports the arch
Finding the right sports bra is easier than you think.
Not all sports bras are created equal. A sports bra is essential equipment. Find the one that is right for you.
80% of women wear the wrong size bra. Women who don't get fitted typically buy a bra with a band that is too big & cups that are too small. This will leave you feeling unsupported & uncomfortable!
Sports Bra Facts Worth Knowing:
*Get Measured - A good fit will help ensure proper support. A woman's size can change quickly due to weight loss, weight gain, pregnancy, etc., so get measured after any such change.
* Don't Double Up - You don't need to wear two sports bras to achieve support. We have a variety of high-impact bras that are designed to support & protect the full-cup woman.
* Don't Get Too Attached - A sports bra should never celebrate a birthday, and should be replaced every 6-12 months. Fabric & elastics break down over time, and your sports bra will stop working effectively.
* Make It Three - Consider having 3 good sports bras in your wardrobe: one you are wearing, one in the wash, and on ready to go. Not every workout is the same, so you may also consider different styles for different activities.
A good sports bra will provide superior breast support, comfort, breathability, and moisture control. We have sports bras for a multitude of shapes, sizes and support levels.
A good sports bra helps to eliminate breast movement and must have:
- The ability to wick moisture, particularly between the breasts
- Breathe ability for a cooling flow of air.
- Ability to dry quickly
- Correct proportions and contours to minimize chafing
- Straps that do not dig into the shoulders
- A band that does not shift or bind
- Soft thread to minimize skin irritation
- At least 25% Lycra to compress the breasts sufficiently.
There are three main types of sports bras:
- Compression (Least support)
- Designed to press breasts flat, as a single unit, to minimize movement
- Best for A and B cup women
- Designed to encapsulate each breast and press them to the chest
- Best for C, D and some DD women
- Encapsulation (Most Support)
- Looks more like regular bra
- Offers the most support by harnessing each breast individually
How to determine your size?
About 80% of women wear the wrong size bra. Here is a good way to help you determine your size.
*Band Size: Measure around your rib cage, just under your breasts. The tape should be snug but not too tight. Add 5" to this measurement and round up to the next even number.
*Bust Size: Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust, keeping the tape straight across your back. Round up to the next whole number.
*Cup Size: Subtract your band measurement (step 1) from your bust measurement (step 2). The difference between the two determines the cup size.
*Difference: 1" is an A cup, 2" is a B cup, 3" is a C cup, 4" is a D cup, 5" is DD cup &
6" is an E cup
A sports bra’s fit is an integral part of its support:
- The band of the bra should be offering the most support
- The cups of the bra keep the breast in place and provide additional support
- The straps are designed to do the least amount of work.
- A good sports bra will fit more snugly than a regular bra.
- Test for control with jogging in place or jumping jacks
- The band should not ride up with activity
Remember that the life of a sports bra is approximately 6-12 months or 52 washings.
We carry the best sports bras from:
for all types of fitness activities.
Not sure which size is right? Our bra fit process will help you determine which bra is right for you.
We carry the best of hydration, nutrition, injury prevention and more. We carry the following hydration and nutrition products:
Sportswear at the next level! Developed by medi, the world leader in medical compression products with more than a half-century of experience, CEP compression socks, calf sleeves are specifically designed to assist athletes with improving performance and accelerate recovery.
- Graduated compression around the ankle improves vein health pushes deoxygenated blood back towards the heart to promoting recovery
- Consistent compression around the calf relaxes arterial walls increasing blood flow by up to 40%
- Anatomic sock design for a blister-free fit
- Available in a variety of colors
Compression can be used during activity or after. Benefits include increased circulation, better oxidization of muscles, and decreased lactic acid build up. It will help you perform with less perceived effort during, and help your body repair itself so you can train comfortably again tomorrow. With many different styles and fits our staff can help you choose the right compression piece for your training.
CEP also offers Recovery specific products - socks, knee highs & full tights.
We carry the best products from:
We pride ourselves on providing the best injury prevention tools available to help you live fit. We offer products from:
We offer active sports eyewear options from:
OTHER ACCESSORY BRANDS